After my last attempt at making Yuye drink a smoothie containing oatmeal, I made a second attempt using raspberries. Again, he said it was tasty but I’m not too sure I’ve changed his opinion about oats just yet.
Raspberries make this smoothie more refreshing and fruity. It almost reminds me of summer…
It’s been getting colder these few days, although the rare sunshine came through today. This year has been strange, Winter seems to have arrived early and we didn’t have many hot days. Even standing out in the sun sends chills down my back from the cold wind. Anyway, even if it’s cold, this smoothie will taste delicious and keep you energised throughout the day. I feel like I really need to drink one every day as I’m starting to get drowsy in the mornings…
- 1 large banana broken into small pieces (or two small ones)
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp dried goji berries
- 1 cup almond milk*
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Handful of ice cube
- Soak goji berries in warm water for about 10 minutes or until soft, drain and set aside
- Soak oats in the milk for about 10 minutes**
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
- Pour smoothie into two glasses and serve immediately
- *Can also use regular milk
- **You can also cook the oats as the package suggests and then put it in the blender. The taste and texture will be slightly different.